BoxPower Inc. is a social enterprise that integrates prefabricated solar mini-grids in 20-foot shipping containers for off-grid and commercial power applications as a reliable and cost-effective alternative to diesel generators.
BoxPower is looking for an Application Engineer to drive company growth and ensure pre and post-sales customer satisfaction. This individual will be responsible for managing technical project qualification, proposal requirements, and performing technical feasibility for new opportunities using BoxPower’s energy audit and system integration process.
- Review customer technical needs and assist in developing specific product/services solutions to meet those needs.
- Consult with the sales team on routine technical matters, ensuring that proposed solutions can be integrated within BoxPower capabilities, or propose alternative options
- Strong, demonstrable knowledge of theory and operation of microgrids and microgrid components, for example inverters, battery energy storage systems (BESS), generators and Solar PV systems
- Evaluating and combining potential technologies to produce the most effective solar and storage energy solutions for our clients.
- Assist in design and development of new and existing products
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (electrical preferred) from an accredited program
- Proactiveness, team player and willingness to teach and learn from peers.
- Experience in PV Solar, BESS, and generators.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients
- 1+ years of experience using HOMER and PVSyst
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage numerous projects/tasks simultaneously, frequently within an aggressive and compressed schedule
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of control and optimization systems used in DER projects
- Ability to perform data analysis
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org