BoxPower is on a mission to provide clean, reliable, affordable energy ANYWHERE. BoxPower’s ecosystem of software and hardware solutions optimize performance and accelerate the deployment of microgrids. BoxPower’s hybrid solar microgrids offer immediate savings over line hardening, upgrades, and maintenance in remote areas. Our fire-safe systems provide a permanent energy supply to replace traditional utility lines. We work with community groups and public utilities to ensure everyone has access to safe, clean, reliable energy.
About the Role:
The Communications Technician is responsible for assisting the design of microgrid control systems, troubleshooting and integrating major equipment and process for the commissioning of microgrid systems. This role requires technical knowledge of control equipment, monitoring equipment, MODBUS, networking. This role is responsible for low voltage equipment placement, cabling, & following wiring diagrams and charts. This role also requires field service work when necessary.
This role reports to the Microgrid Controls Engineer. The salary range for this role is $55,000 to $65,000 per year. This role is primarily in-person at the BoxPower office in Grass Valley, CA however may allow for occasional work from home.
- Building of Microgrid control systems
- Review equipment data sheets for proper system integration
- Assist with troubleshooting and analysis of Microgrid equipment and control systems, document data for further improvement of design and process
- Assist with system commissioning, equipment parameterization and technical process
- Setup, configure, and diagnose system communication networks
- Assist with process and building of communication and control system enclosures
- Perform field service work when necessary
- Perform quality assurance testing on controls, major equipment, and assemblies
- Demonstrate knowledge of inverter, battery, and generator systems
- Assisting with commissioning and testing of micro-grid products
- Ability to mount electrical equipment, including conduit installation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 18 months of applicable electrical experience required
- Solar experience a plus
- Experience in computer systems, networking, and hardware
- Experience in inverter, battery types and chemistry, and generator systems
- Experience in communication protocols such as Modbus RS485 and RTU, CANBus, etc.
- Proficiency with hand and power tools
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel) and general Windows proficiency
- Experience in electrical circuits and safety
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong reading comprehension
- Ability to travel and clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Patience and understanding for education of process to others
- Calm under pressure, willingness to have hard conversations, tactful and respectful, high ethical standards, adaptability, strategic & holistic thinker.
Working at BoxPower:
BoxPower is a dynamic start-up entering it’s 6th year of operations, located in beautiful Grass Valley, California. We provide a casual workplace with flexible work options. Our Headquarters office is a dog-friendly office. Currently, we provide an entirely employer sponsored Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) that provides employees with $350 per month for the employee (as well as an additional $100 monthly per dependent) to use towards qualifying medical expenses and health insurance premiums. Employees have the opportunity to contribute to a CalSavers Simple IRA retirement account. BoxPower offers employees unlimited PTO.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com