BoxPower is on a mission to provide clean, reliable, affordable energy to rural consumers. We provide a seamless end-to-end solution for remote microgrids through a combination of software, hardware, and services. BoxPower’s hybrid solar microgrids offer immediate savings over distribution line hardening and maintenance in remote areas. Our fire-safe systems provide a permanent energy supply to replace traditional utility lines with a cleaner, safer, more reliable alternative. We work with community groups and public utilities to ensure everyone has access to safe, clean, reliable energy.
About the Role:
The Construction Manager is responsible for overseeing the site preparation, civil works, equipment delivery, and mechanical installation of our projects in conjunction with our project managers and subcontractors. The Construction Manager is responsible managing our subcontractor relationships including writing scopes of work (SOWs), collecting bids, negotiating pricing, supervising construction activities, and negotiating change orders for the physical construction of our microgrid projects. The ideal candidate has a general contractors license.
This role reports to the Director of Operations. This role has no immediate reports; however, they are expected to build a team of site superintendents to oversee 15-20 projects per year. The salary range for this role is $100,000-$150,000. This role is a hybrid role requiring travel to projects sites and as-needed in-person presence in the Headquarters office in Grass Valley, CA.
- Writing SOWs for site preparation, civil works, fence construction, concrete foundations, and mechanical assembly of solar arrays, including some site visits.
- Obtain competitive pricing from qualified contractors for site preparation and civil construction.
- Negotiate subcontracts, mitigating risk and passing through Terms & Conditions of parent contract, as well as coordination with any contract amendments.
- Oversee construction of microgrid projects including coordination with multiple internal and external teams.
- Responsible for civil construction schedule and budget, including budget management and adjustments, and scheduling solutions and communications.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with remote construction projects, similar in size and scope to cell tower or small utility sites.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with civil construction pricing and execution for remote sites.
- Experience identifying, vetting, and working with subcontractors.
- General contractors license required.
- Experience managing project budgets and schedules.
Working at BoxPower:
BoxPower is a dynamic start-up entering it’s 6th year of operations, located in beautiful Grass Valley, California. We provide a casual workplace with flexible work options. Our Headquarters office is a dog-friendly office. Currently, we provide an entirely employer sponsored Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) that provides employees with $350 per month for the employee (as well as an additional $100 monthly per dependent) to use towards qualifying medical expenses and health insurance premiums. Employees have the opportunity to contribute to a CalSavers Simple IRA retirement account. BoxPower offers unlimited PTO.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org