Frontend React Developer
BoxPower Inc. is a social enterprise that integrates prefabricated solar mini-grids in 20-foot shipping containers for off-grid and commercial power applications as a reliable and cost-effective alternative to diesel generators.
BoxPower is developing an energy audit and system optimization web application to enhance and scale its microgrid optimization process to make it easier for the sales team and system distributors to recommend the ideal products to customers.
BoxPower seeks a frontend software engineer with experience in web design, coding and debugging. The engineer will gain exciting real-world web development experience at a thriving company. The ideal candidate for this environment will be enthusiastic and collaborative.
- Build intuitive functionalities, with efficient, reusable, and easy to maintain code
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Collaborate with UX and backend teams, to frame and tackle the challenges, both from technical and business context.
- Collaborate with Product, Design and Backend teams, to frame and tackle the challenges, both from a technical and business context.
- Implement additional security features in the software architecture
Our stack is the following:
- CSS-in-JS with Styled Components
- Adobe XD for prototype design
- Testing with Jest
- PHP Laravel API
- Github Actions
- AWS with S3, EC2 and CloudFormation
- Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field major
- Proactiveness, team player and willingness to teach and learn from peers.
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- 2+ year experience with React
- Basic knowledge of bootstrap
- Prior experience working with APIs
- Previous experience writing automated tests
- Understand React Hooks and latest React updates.
- Testing, Continuous Integration, AWS
- Detect usability problems and think about user-friendly improvements
- Knowledge of AWS and CI pipeline definition
- Be a clean coder: good practices, design patterns and architectural knowledge