BoxPower Inc. is a social enterprise creating the future of off-grid power and energy resilience. BoxPower leverages hardware modularity, process innovation, and proprietary software tools to streamline the design, construction, and operation of remote microgrids worldwide.
BoxPower works in locations from Alaska to Puerto Rico and everywhere in between, serving clients in disaster relief, rural electrification, medical clinics, utilities, remote agriculture, and off-grid commercial. To date, BoxPower has offset more than 28 million pounds of carbon dioxide and is providing power to over 4,000 individuals and businesses.
Senior Product Manager
BoxPower is in the early stages of forming a dedicated products team, responsible for forward looking product development and maintaining our two existing product lines. The Senior Product Manager will serve as the primary interface between sales, marketing, and engineering – taking their inputs and requirements to develop a forward-looking product development roadmap, while maintaining documentation and iterative updates to our existing product lines.
Objectives of this role:
- Develop and maintain product team organizational chart and hiring plan
- Develop a process and criteria for evaluating new product developments from a cost benefit perspective
- Collaboratively develop and maintain a forward-looking product development roadmap
- Ensure new products and feature releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Develop a system for organizing and maintaining product documentation
- Provide technical support to sales, service, and customers related to our product offerings
Daily and monthly responsibilities:
- Manage a team of product managers and technicians and coordinate cross-functional teams
- Produce and review product requirements documents (PRD)
- Make creative recommendations to expand product features and capabilities
- Manage recurring meetings to collect input from sales and operations
- Coordinate product development across the engineering, sales, marketing, and operational teams
Skills and qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in a hardware product management role
- Experience developing and maintaining solar, battery, and generator product lines
- Product lifecycle management
- Product strategy
- Proven leadership abilities
- Cross-functional team management
- Grass Valley, CA
- Advancement and ownership
- Experience on the cutting edge of the microgrid industry
- Do some good!
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com